Saturday, June 17, 2006

South Central Farm

The latest brouhaha at the fringes of the blogosphere involves the destruction of the South Central urban farm:
The struggle to save an urban farm that has drawn celebrities and media from around the world came to a halt on Tuesday as 100 police evicted farmers and their supporters from the site.
Ran Prieur gets it right, I think. Since he doesn't have a permalink, I'll just lift what he has to say, in its entirety:
I've been withholding my attention from the issue because I recognized it as a psychological operation designed to reinforce our subconscious awareness that we're in hell, while our conscious minds refuse to accept it and we go gradually insane. Our chance to save the farm was exactly the same as the chance that the audience of a performance of Hamlet can convince the actors to not have everyone die at the end.

I often feel like I'm in the trenches of WWI, and the other side is fighting effectively, while half the people on my side are saying, "They're shooting at us! I can't believe they're shooting at us!" There is a fucking war on. The forces that destroyed the farm have no empathy, and are not subject to reason, unless it's reason about how to more aggressively exterminate and dominate. Tree-sitting is masochism, and I think even sabotage is masochism, until most ordinary people understand and agree with it.

If people without jobs want to be self-sufficient in food, the first thing we need to understand is that the world is ruled by a satanic collective consciousness that cannot stand for anyone to live outside its control. Then, instead of offering up a highly visible urban farm for ritual sacrifice, we'll fight effectively, with subtle edible landscaping and guerrilla gardens. The domination system does not have the skills or resources to go around the city killing tens of thousands of berry bushes and edible weeds.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home